About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Gardener Wannabe

I've wanted to really grow things for a long while now. I dream of doing a vegetable garden. I had hoped to actually start on one this year, but with the way things are going, I am not sure if that will happen.

As luck would have it, I am getting to attempt to grow one thing. Garlic. I had bought a ton of bulbs on sale a while back. I didn't end up using them quick enough and a bunch of the cloves sprouted. After some asking around and googling, I discovered that if I just plant the sprouting cloves, I'll get new garlic plants! I still have a childlike wonder about it all. You can go to the store, buy a bulb of garlic, wait a while, then plant each clove, and get a new bulb from each clove! Wow. And it has the added bonus of supposedly helping to keep the bugs away. This whole gardening this is wicked cool.

So, here I am, planting my sprouting garlic cloves in the new flower bed out front. (which I will show off tomorrow with a post showing how the front yard is coming along.) As always, click to see bigger!

No comments: