About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Monday, September 01, 2008

An Auction

The internet can be used for good. So much good. And here is me doing my part. I read Angi's blog (points to blogroll), and she had blogged about another blogger. A mom blogger, with 4 small children, just like Angi and I have. A mom blogger who is now fighting for her life after her and her husband were in a plane crash in Arizona. The husband, Christian, has burns over 30% if his body. The wife, Stephanie, has burns over 80% of hers. In the blogosphere we all feel a sense of kinship, so even though I don't know Stephanie, she's still one of US.

Stephanie's blog: http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/

Stephanie's sister's blog, she posts updates: http://blog.cjanerun.com/

And the center of all the fundraising at Design Mom: http://www.designmom.com/

And it's a stark reminder of how easily it could happen to any of us. I could only hope that my family would get the same kind of support and love their family is getting right now. So I can't sit back and not do anything. There is an awesome movement out there to raise money to help this family, and I am proud to take part. I am going to auction off an 8x10 of one of my prints, with all proceeds going to that family.

Here is how it will go down. . .

-You are bidding on one 8x10, of your choice, from this set here: http://flickr.com/photos/10455228@N00/sets/72157607066291352/

-the auction starts now, and will end at midnight Friday. (well, the midnight between Friday and Saturday) Unless there are no bids for 24 hours, and then I will declare the last bidder the winner.

-Bid in whole dollar increments please. To bid, post a comment with your bid. :)

-In the very off chance this gets crazy, the auction will end at 11:59:59. The last bid before then wins.

-All proceeds will go to the family, I will pay the shipping out of my own pocket.

-Winner will need to pay by paypal. Funded or instant from bank account method preferred, as to prevent fees. I'll notify the winner by email, and ask that the winner pay promptly, so we can get the money sent where it needs to go. If you bid, make sure I have your email address so I can notify you if you win.

-Photograph will be shipped the following Monday after the auction ends.

Ready, set, GO!

3 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

I will start the auction off at $10.00.

Good luck
-Lana
hondavan@cableone dot net

Anonymous said...

I'll bid $15.00.

This is very sweet of you!
Best of luck!!
-Sarah-

Meghann said...

No bids for over 24 hours, so Sarah is the winner at $15.