About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Friday, July 18, 2008

As Promised

The ginormous trip recap...complete with pictures!

Last we left off, our clan had just finished up a few days' stay in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I mentioned that we went to the aquarium, which was awesome. We spent all afternoon there until it closed, and still didn't get to see all of it. I didn't get to share any pictures from that though, so here you go!

Lindsay showing off her ticket



Logan and stingrays



Lindsay



The hubby petting a stingray



There was a butterfly pavilion, and we saw this sign at the exit. Think we need to check the hubby for hitchhikers?



Ryan and a penguin checking each other out



A shot of the jellyfish I was proud of



Logan



Hannah



Lindsay really wanted me to take her picture in this



Otter feeding time!



Ryan trying to pet a sturgeon



Look at that concentration



Logan playing in the water, and apparently Hannah wanted to taste what sturgeon water is like. Yum.



After that, we headed east to our next destination, the Great Smoky Mountains. We spent almost a week there and fell in love. See if you can see why:

















I have to mention that I braved death to get this next shot. It had just rained (part of why the waterfall looked so great), and was really muddy and slippery. When I have a camera in my hand, and am going in for the perfect shot, I am not known for being the most careful person in the world. There was a moment right before this was taken where I was literally clinging to the base of a tree to keep from sliding down the muddy hillside into the rapids. It was totally worth it though. (Don't try this at home kids!)



Also, we didn't know that we were visiting the mountains during one of the busiest times of the year. (4th of July weekend) We were leaving that Sunday and discovered that all the other tourists were too. We wrapped up the fabulous week by sitting in a looong line of traffic. Partially seen here:



Then here are just a few various shots from the past few weeks I felt like sharing

Ryan (when on earth did he get so grown up? p.s.-this 8 year old's shoe size now stands at a 5 1/2. I kid you not.)



Lindsay with Vader, the most patient cat in the world.



Logan after his haircut



Hannah ready to go swimming



Our fearless leader



And me on the computer, as usual. Did I mention I hate getting my picture taken? (Especially when my hair needs washed, grr.)



There were many small adventures on the long car trips, including getting lost and potty breaks on the side of the road. (like the one where I realized by "potty", Logan didn't mean going #1) But we made it, and I think made some great memories along the way. I hope the kids remember the trip when they get older.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

It looks like you had a great journey! Your pictures were great, and I agree. When did Ryan grow up? Man, he looks so much older in that picture!

Awesome family shot at the Smokie Mountains. I'm sure you'll be talking about memories made on this trip for years to come!

Lorie said...

Hifreakinglarious at the end. I can only imagine! Oh the fun times I have waiting for me. That hard to take picture? Totally worth it. Amazing! I want it on my desktop! Glad you're having such a fun time. I'm so sorry to hear about the equipment, but it can't be fixed?

Anonymous said...

they will remember, and you will be the best paretns for taking them on "adventures"