About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A blurb about how skewed I am

I have had my camera for five years now. We've been through a lot together, my camera and I. At one point, it was even submerged in water and I thought I had lost it forever. After letting it sit for a good 18 months, I discovered it still worked.

Here's where I show just how little I really think of myself: In the past few months, I've noticed that my pictures have been looking a lot better. There's a definite difference in the pictures I take now, and the ones I took when I first got the camera.

When I realized that, my actual reaction was to think that somehow the camera is taking better pictures since it got damaged. The camera has somehow improved.

It couldn't possibly be that *I* have gotten better, right?

Sigh.

2 comments:

Jim L said...

Maybe you've gotten better TOGETHER. :P

Your pics ARE quite good of late.

Meghann said...

Thanks although no, it HAS to be the camera that has learned and gotten better, right? Lol!