About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm going to get the Christmas spirit this year if it kills me

I've whined on here in years past about my lack of Christmas spirit. If you haven't been here long enough to know about that, I have archives. *points to sidebar* Ever since about half of my family died off, it's just not felt like the holidays.

This year, I decided, will be different. I am going to force myself to feel it if it's the last thing I do. I'm leaving my radio set to the station that plays Christmas music 24/7. I also make myself sing along to every single song on that station while I'm driving. I'm already getting the outside lights up, and a little on the inside as well. I've already watched "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation", "The Nutcracker", "Santa Clause: The Movie", and "Miracle on 34th Street". I have a majority of our Christmas presents bought, and new wrapping paper too. I bought the Christmas outfits, and even little reindeer antlers for the kids. (And me) I even have a Christmas beaver on my computer. No, really. See?



I'm going to have a Merry Christmas no matter what. Hopefully it will go well, and I won't turn out like Clark Griswold.

*Warning, this clip is NOT for little ears*

**Oh, and I apologize for the laugh track at the end of this, it was the only version of this exact clip I could find.**

No comments: