About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The little garden that could

This post is kind of in memory of some wild blackberry bushes that were growing near our house. We had been patiently waiting for the berries to ripen, however, it was never to be. The county came along and mowed down the area they were in, and they are gone.

I have decided to celebrate the things that are still alive, and show the progress of our first big garden venture.

The pumpkins are just insane. If this keeps up, I can see trying to figure out what in the heck to do with a zillion pumpkins in our future.



Then the tomatoes. There are six plants here, I promise.



The sixth one is the midget one seen here. I have no idea why it's so much smaller. It won't grow, but it won't die either. I guess we'll see what happens.



The oregano and basil are still truckin' along.



Then there is the mascot of the little garden that could, here is the little carrot that could. It's the only one to survive out of all the carrots we planted. It's looking kind of sad, but it's still upright and green, so I have hope.



There are some new inhabitants of the LGTC. I bought these as seedlings. You should know that these plants were all the same size when I bought them.

First we have jalapeƱos



Then cucumbers



And watermelon



The clear winner of the newbies is the cantaloupe though.



Finally, I don't know if I have mentioned, but we have a fig tree in our back yard here. It's lovely, I could take pictures of it for hours.





Grow garden grow!

No comments: