About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just another blogger pulling for Stellan

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

I have to admit it's hard. So hard, as a mom to watch kids like Stellan. I worry for them, even though I don't know them. I can't help imagine what if it were one of mine? I was one of the throng of followers from Babycenter years ago following baby Allie's story, and was at the online vigil the night she passed away. And I ached so badly for a baby I had never met, the daughter of people I didn't know. I then continued to follow their story as they learned to move on, and ultimately brought a new baby into the world. I still peek in from time to time to see how they are doing.

It's a bittersweet blessing, this internet thing. We get to meet and become a part of people's lives that we would not have otherwise. I have made some great friends. But with it can come all the pain of that too.

But even though I worry, and there is a risk of great pain, I will continue to follow stories like these. Because who knows? It could be me or anyone I know in that position next, and I can only hope that we'd get the same kind of love and support from the internet community.

-praying for Stellan in Georgia!

No comments: