About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Modesty for the win

I'll preface this one by saying that I've never broached this subject with Lindsay. So she's formed these ideas all by herself.

We went to a hockey game Friday night, and in the breaks between the periods, the cheerleaders would go out and do a routine on the ice. The first time they went out, Lindsay watched them for a few minutes, and then turned to me.

"Mom, why are their stomachs showing?"

"ummm. . . ."

"I don't like that, they should cover it up." (She looks absolutely disgusted by this point)

"Oh really?"

"Yep. And their skirts aren't right either. They should go to here." (She points at her knees)

"You think so?"

"Yes." She looks very serious, and nods at me. I nod back, and she watches the rest of the show, obviously displeased.

I stayed cool through the whole thing, but I gotta tell you. I was doing cartwheels and throwing confetti inside my head.

p.s.-don't forget the contest below!

No comments: