About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Letting go, little by little

Ryan is on his way to a camp out tonight. Without me, and without his dad. I was about his age when I went to my first church camp thing, so I know he's old enough. And he's ready. But I'm not. I try really hard to not be a helicopter mom, but sometimes those darn propellers sprout on their own. The hubby is going up to the camp late tonight after he is done working, so really it will only be a few hours on his own.

So why do I feel so sad about this?

I need some ice cream.

No comments: