About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Monday, June 02, 2008

I am *SO* smart!

Really. You all should just bask in my intelligence.

Saturday, I held a small yard sale. I moved our swing under the big tree in our front yard. It was a really hot day, but it was nice and shady under the tree. So I thought nothing of sitting out there all morning.

At one point a neighbor came over to sit with me and keep me company, since business was slow. She looked down at my legs and said, "Uh, you're a little sunburned." I looked down, and my legs did look a little pink, so we moved into the carport for the rest of the afternoon.

Over the course of the rest of the day, my legs started hurting worse and worse, and the red started getting darker. By the time I woke up Sunday morning, they were a deep red, and my knees were so swollen I could barely walk the ten feet to the bathroom. I took a little trip to the ER to get checked out, as it was pretty bad. They checked me out, gave me a prescription for some pain killers and sent me on my way.

Today I'm a little better. Knees are still really swollen and stiff, but I can get around okay. I snapped a picture with my camera phone to show off the results of my genius. And keep in mind, they are way less red than they were yesterday, and the knees are swollen, but again, not as bad as they were.



So, just a tip. Sitting under a tree is not good enough protection from the sun. Especially not from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., on a bright sunny day in Texas.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I am shocked considering the slathering of sunblock on the kiddies who are just as fair as u. I guess u got your Vitamin D for a month! Did everything sell?

Meghann said...

No. It's really weird. I didn't sell any of the baby stuff, and that's usually the first to go. What we mainly sold was a t.v., a desk, and some little things. Sucks.

Angi said...

OOOOOWWWWWW!

Lacey said...

Meghann...Meghann...what are we going to do with you?! I hope it heals soon, they are painful! You remember tan ole me? Well, ever since the 3 years in the UK, all I do is burn!