About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Fear

What are you afraid of? I'm not talking about the normal things like losing your children and all that. I mean the funky other stuff. The ones your friends make fun of you for.

Me? I have a thing about june bugs. Oh man, I could barely even type those words. *shiver* They are so ugly and nasty and just NOT natural! Oh and the way they feel when they get on you? Those sticky little feet? *shivers violently*

It probably doesn't help that I was raised in a family that was vicious. You could not show any weakness or it would be exploited. I let my guard down and they found out about my june bug aversion. The result? A VERY vivid memory of my sister and grandfather each picking one up and chasing me through the house with it. And when I locked myself in the bathroom? Yeah, they shoved them in under the door crack. Good times! *twitches*

Don't even get me started on tree roaches. Especially the time when I was laying in bed at night and saw one on the ceiling over my bed, and when I blinked, it was gone. (I'll leave to your imagination where it was)

I also have weird quirks. Well heck, everybody does.

-I cannot stand the sound, or even the thought, of silverware scraping against teeth. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Thinking of it now as I type, my jaw is clenched. It's that bad.

-When I wash my hair, after I lather, I rinse my hands before I start rinsing my hair. Even though my hands will get soapy again. I have no idea why, but I have to. I have even tried to not do it, and it just felt wrong. Like my hair wasn't clean or something.

-I like Pepsi and Diet Coke. I can't stand Coke or Diet Pepsi.

-I am claustrophobic. To the point of where I can't even put a blanket over my head in bed. Once I got twisted up in my sheets and about had a panic attack.

-I like cottage cheese. To me this isn't very weird, but I have met more people that hate it than not.

-I don't like chocolate. I know this makes me a real freak. I do like it in some forms, like hot chocolate or chocolate cake. I have been known to eat a fudgesicle on occasion. But a candy bar? Blech! While we're at it, I'll go ahead and admit I don't like frosting, caramel, butterscotch, the cream in oreos, or whipped cream. Actually I think it's sugar itself that I'm not too hip on. I like sweet stuff, but just not very strong.

-I cannot park in spaces where I have to turn to the right. Well, I can, but it's not a pretty sight.


Ok, well it's late, so that will have to end the "random facts about Meghann" section of our program for this evening.

Peace out!

3 comments:

~k~ said...

Nice post :) For me, it's spiders and thngs that 'buzz'. And when I go potty, I rub my hands together (think of the scene in Karate Kid when Daniel gets his leg swiped and Mr Miagi rubs his hands together to do that 'Hot healing hands' thing)

Angi said...

LOL, I never liked chocolate too much either until nursing Ava...I seriously have to have it now!

My husband belongs in your family, he would SOOOO do that to me ;)

Michelle said...

Ok, I was thinking all was normal until you got to the chocolate part! You are a freak!! ;)

I am terribly afraid of spiders and mice but I am panic attack type afraid of snakes!!! I've never had an encounter with one but I just know they will kill me if I do!

I also hate the sound of silverware on teeth or the scraping they make on a plate. I like Pepsi and love diet Coke but hate diet Pepsi and regular Coke! I'm glad to know there are others out there like me :)

I also hate to touch anyone's napkin or put my hand in a sink full of dish water. When I have to handwash my dishes I leave the water running and put soap on each plate so I don't have to have a sink full of water!