About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hannah the practical joker

The baby is finally reaching the age where we should see a smile soon. A REAL one. Not one of those reflexive ones all newborns do.

Yesterday I was holding her, she had eaten not too long ago, and was wide awake and alert. She spent some time looking around, and then started gazing intently at my face. She stared for at least 30 seconds, and then I saw a twitch at the corner of her mouth. The left side curved up, and then the right, and she broke out into the biggest grin. I thought "This is it! She is really smiling!"

As I gazed back at her, enjoying the moment with a huge smile of my own and my heart feeling full, she farted. Loudly.

No comments: