About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Friday, June 07, 2013

Evolution of a Sick Mom

Healthy Mom
    Kids: What's for dinner?
    Mom: This balanced and nutritious meal I made.
    Kids: Sigh.

Sick Mom
    Kids: What's for dinner?
    Mom: Something easy. How about grilled cheese and soup?
    Kids: Sounds good.

Really Sick Mom
    Kids: What's for dinner?
    Mom: I don't care. Just feed yourselves and let me rest.
    Kids: Cool!

Where I was the other day
    Kids: What's for dinner?
    Mom: Oh man, I have to feed y'all don't I? I really should since I didn't yesterday, even though I am worse now. How about popcorn and ice cream? (Or cereal, depending on what is in the pantry.)
    Kids: YAY!!!

1 comment:

Jerimi said...

Isn't that just exactly how it goes?? Now my stepson wants to learn to cook, though, and I'm trying to play it cool. "I don't know. Cooking is kind of a big responsibility." While secretly I'm, "WHOOOOO!!!"