About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Friday, February 05, 2010

One week down the hatch

Well, it's been a little over a week since I posted about my weight loss plan and goals. The first week has been interesting. Atkins is hard, yo. Every day there was a different craving of what I couldn't have. One day it was pizza, another, mac and cheese.

The trampolining has been good though. I wear headphones to keep from getting bored, and each day I jump a little differently. One day I did a jogging motion, another, I kept my toes down and just used my heels to bounce. (which was really good for the butt area by the way)

I was chugging along ok, although I was kind of frustrated. Everywhere you read says Atkins sees big weight loss in the first week or two, and my scale wasn't budging.

Something happened though, that made me fall off the wagon, AND lose weight at the same time. I got the stomach flu! It was a killer too, with me even sleeping on the bathroom floor at one point, on the brink of being delusional. As I'm sure all of you know, recovering from something like that involves a certain diet. A.k.a. CARBS. I've been living off of crackers, applesauce, ginger ale, and chicken noodle soup for two days now.

The one perk though? I'm down 10 lbs. I kid you not. I weighed myself Monday and I hadn't lost anything. Today? 10 lbs. lighter.

I know there is a high rebound chance here, since I'm having to be pretty sedentary, and consuming the all evil carbs. It will be tricky to find the right time to transition back to the exercise and diet. Wait too long, and the pounds will pack on. Go too soon, and I could make myself sick again.

So, that's where we're at. Wish me luck as I figure out how to transition back into the routine.

Starting weight:165
Today: 155

No comments: