About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Year in Review

Well my friends, another year is over. Not only that, but another decade will be starting. This past decade has been quite a wild ride for all of us I think. Crazy elections where we all learned what a "hanging chad" was, 9/11, war, the economy deciding it had been too long since it visited the toilet. . .

For me personally, life is a lot different than it was as the year 2000 dawned. I was still married to a civilian, and we only had one child. My mom and all my grandparents were still alive. (along with 3 great grandparents!) I was still living in Houston and did not foresee a time when we would ever move away, and back then, I didn't have any step siblings. Or nieces or nephews. There has been a lot of loss, but a lot gained as well. Life moves on, the circle of life, hakuna matata and all that.

So, because writer's block is still camping out in my head, let's take a look back at what has happened in my little corner of the internet this past year.

January- We spent New Year's visiting family, and then started slowly rennovating our house, which included vanquishing the scary wallpaper.





February- I introduced the hubby and our children to Cirque du Soleil.



March-Hannah and the spider incident.

http://3minionsintow.blogspot.com/2009/03/little-miss-muffet.html


April- An eventful month. We did more rennovations, and started our garden, Easter came and went. Logan learned to pedal a bike, and Ryan turned 9. Me and the hubby became poison ivy experts, and I won a parenting battle.





May- The hubby and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary, I got really sick and had "fun" navigating the military medicine system, and Hannah drew her first picture where you can kinda tell what it is.



June-Logan turned 5, Hannah cut her hair, we had a backyard visitor, and we went to NYC as a family.







July-Chip the dog came home to us, our garden continued to kind of grow, the new Harry Potter came out, and Hannah turned 3.



hannahs3rd19

August-me and the kids visited Missouri, where Logan finally got over his aversion to swimming pools (mostly), and then we went on a family vacation to Tybee Island.



September-We started our second year of homeschooling, went on a field trip to a dairy farm, and had our garden grow a mutant cucumber.





October-the blahs and writer's block hit hard, and I chronicled the "joys" of navigating parenting a preteen. Halloween happened, but I didn't blog about it really.

http://3minionsintow.blogspot.com/2009/10/walking-line-between-love-and-hatred.html

November- homeschooling kept chugging along, I had a few emo posts, Lindsay turned 7, Thanksgiving happened, and then I started to try to get into the Christmas spirit.



lindsay7d



December-Hannah cut her hair. (again.) Christmas came and went. (again.)



So that was the year! I hope everyone has a fun New Year's! We'll be at home, as usual, hanging out with snacks, some small fireworks, and the kids. I'm not going to a fancy party, but I'll have 5 people to kiss at midnight, so that's not too shabby.

Everyone be good, and safe, and I'll catch all you peeps on the flip side, in 2010!

2 comments:

Diane Willard Kaufman said...

happy new year to you! what a great recap of the year. Hope you'll put tybee island back on your schedule for 2010! Diane with Mermaidcottages.com

bugfrog said...

Great photos. I especially love the one with the clown nose!