About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Feeling old

I follow a couple of fun sites, one of them being Once Upon A Win, which is buy the LolCats people, and posts things from our childhood. I was really excited recently by a certain post. About Whistle Pops. I had totally forgotten about those until I saw the post, and the memories came flooding back. Remember those things?

Anyways, I got really excited, as me and the hubby reminisced. We also showed the older two kids the video and explained the candy to them. That's when the following short exchange happened:

Me: These were around when me and your dad were kids!

Ryan: You mean back in the 19's?

Me and the hubby: *die a little on the inside*


Sigh.

1 comment:

Jim L said...

Dudette, those predate you. They were around in MY childhood! I usually associate them with county fairs, for reasons unknown.