About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Bling

I haven't worn a wedding ring in a long time. You see, I have had very bad luck with rings. My first set of wedding rings was stolen. We replaced the gold band, but it was a while before I got a diamond ring. Finally I got one, that I LOVED, but it disappeared one fateful night when I was cooking. I took it off and gave it to the hubby. He sat it down somewhere, and we've never seen it again. A few years after that, the hubby gave me a really nice solitaire. Certified and everything. He gave it to me the night he deployed. Things were great for a long time, until a few months after he got back, and I went out with my friends one night. I put the rings in my pocket for safe keeping, and it turns out it wasn't safe enough. The diamond ring was never seen again.

So, needless to say, I've been gun shy about having rings at all, or wearing them. Me owning a nice ring seems to be an ill-fated thing. I finally had an epiphany tonight in Target though, as I walked past the jewelry section.



It's fake, oh yes. Cubic zirconia and sterling silver. Anyone who looks at it for longer than a few seconds will be able to tell. But I really don't care. It's pretty, it shows I am married, and if I lose the set, I'm only out twenty bucks.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Love it :)

This is the only way I would ever get a big diamond too, LOL!