About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's that time of year again

And no, I'm not talking about Girl Scout cookies. While those are wonderful, and typing that reminds me I need to buy some, I want to talk about something else.

The March of Dimes has a walk every year to raise money. MOD is important, as the money goes to research that makes advances in caring for preemies, and studying why babies are born early. Maybe some day it will be a thing of the past, and people won't have to feel the pain that I and so many others have felt.

It's a subject I'm just really passionate about, since we have first hand experience with it. I have also been a part of the preemie parenting community on message boards long enough to know how lucky our family was. Our children did well. So many others out there don't. I have even had to watch as parents type out their struggles, as they watch their babies lose the fight to survive.

So, we didn't get to do it last year, as we were getting ready for our move, but I am getting all geared up for this year's walk. I have formed a team, found here: http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?SeId=638460&si= If you feel led to join us, or donate, I would feel honored.

No comments: