About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The holidays have swallowed me

I have been deep in the trenches recently, getting ready for the holidays. We got the lights on the house, which was a big deal. Especially considering it involved me on the roof at one point, and I am terrified of heights. I called the hubby in for reinforcements though when I finally got high enough that my body refused to move any more. Being the Christmas light snob that I am, I am not thrilled with the way the lights are done, but the kids love it, and their opinion trumps mine.

I am about to start my huge fudge making operation. Remember last year? Yeah, it's going to me more like that. It's crazy that I am so into making the stuff, considering I don't even like it. 'Tis the season of giving though!

I finally finished the shopping for the kids and the hubby last night. I spent a little more on the kids than I planned to, but it's more because the gifts themselves were expensive, they actually aren't really getting all that much. We've really been trying to downscale what they get over the years, so they don't grow up with memories like mine. When I was a kid it was always a MOUNTAIN under the tree. Literally. Now I'm not complaining, but just saying I'd like my kids' Christmas to be a bit less material.

All I have left on my list now is to finish signing Christmas cards and get them mailed, and make cookies, and wrap gifts. Oh yeah, and buy the sides for Christmas dinner. And then I am done! It's almost surreal, the fact that I may be done before Christmas Eve, lol!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I want to see light pics. I'm sure it's beautiful. What a lovely Christmas!