1. The kids can run and the people downstairs don't call the front desk to complain.
2. We live *right* down the street from Lowes.
3. We also live near McDonald's, Taco Bell, Walmart, 2 grocery stores, some gas stations, and a really good pizza place. So we're set.
4. We have a backyard that isn't the size of a postage stamp! See:
5. I am putting all that watching of HGTV in the hotel room to good use.
A peek of what the kitchen is morphing into:
Family room before:
What that room has going on now (please notice the paint color and not the mess *cough*):
6. Two bathtubs!
7. No HOA (or military housing nazis), so we can do whatever in the heck we want. And if we skip a week mowing the lawn, no nasty letters from anyone!
8. Ceiling fans.
9. A place big enough where the kids can be far enough away that they don't sound very loud.
10. It's OURS!