About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Now I see what all the hype is about

Here in the great state of Texas, the weather is usually predictable. We have 3 seasons: cold, hot, and ohmygoshI'mmelting hot. What most other people would consider summer lasts from about March till October. It's usually a toss up whether we will be burning up or freezing for Halloween. I even have memories of celebrating Christmas in shorts a few times as a kid.

This year, however, has decided it wants to be different. Up till now it has been the kind of "different" that has people shaking their fists at the sky. It snowed on Easter. SNOW. Like, a lot of it. Then, after an over two year severe drought, we had rain. And then more rain. And then some more. That's when the flooding started. Flooding so bad in my area that people who have lived here for 30+ years had never seen anything like it. Being from Houston though, and going through Tropical Storm Allison, we had.

But this is all leading up to what is happening to us now. There is an odd phenomenon going on. The days are cool, in a pleasant way. The air is crisp. At night it gets cold, but not freezing. I believe they have referred to this phenomenon as "Fall". All I know is, whatever this is, it ROCKS!

p.s.-I have uploaded movie clips of my husband's homecoming ceremony. I didn't want to post them on my blog, but if you would like to see, email me, and I'll hook you up. :)

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I want to see! E-mail me!