About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Miss Grace strikes again

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am not exactly the most sure-footed person in the world. I run into door frames walking from one room to another, things like that.

We keep a hamper in the hallway, and the kids had knocked it over. I stepped over it so I could pick it up. Somehow, I was unsuccessful stepping all the way over it. My foot got caught on the rim of the basket and down I went, hard. We have all tile floors which made it feel even better! That was 3 days ago, and I'm still hurting. I look like I was either in a mild car wreck, or someone went after me with a baseball bat.

A quick run down of the injuries:
-My left arm has a bruise and a lump right on my ulna. (If you don't know what that is, look it up!) It hurts when anything touches it, and given its location, that's hard to avoid.
-My shoulders and stomach are a little sore. Why? I have no clue. I don't know if it's mini whiplash or what.
-My left pinky toe, which was the exact thing that got hung up on the basket and caused the fall, was stiff and sore, but is the first thing to feel better.
-My right foot has two blue spots on the top, near the base of my second and third toe. Not sure why on that one either, but it hurts.
-My right shin has a ginormous bruise near the top. It's psychadelic! I'd show a picture, but I need to shave my legs, so we're not gonna go there.

So between feeling sorry for myself about that, and opening my new store, (look at the link on the right!) I have been busy and not writing as much.

The hazards of being me. Sigh.

p.s.-if you know me and see something at my store you want, shoot me an email. I'll give you a discount code for free shipping or something. ;-)

2 comments:

Lorie said...

um you had to carry a snare drum and walk sideways, I still have no idea how you managed that. I don't think I ever saw you fall doing that. Do we need to make you walk sideways from now on?

Lacey said...

Oy...hope the bruises have faded by now!