About rugrats, minivans, The South, photography, farmer's markets, puberty, Army, snotty noses, blankies, movies, hugs, autism, make believe, homeschooling, sibling rivalry, car seats, weather, in-laws, scribbles, marriage, and somewhere in there, a stoned British reporter.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Moments in parenting

Well, it finally happened. I was wondering if and when it would. I got asked "THE" question yesterday. I have to admit it took me by surprise. Ryan asked me "Why is the sky blue?"

My mom-of-the-year winning answer: "Because God made it that way." Please hold your applause. I know in a way it was a cop out, and deep down somewhere in the vast labrynth of my mind I know the answer, but come on, he's SIX.

It still made me smile though. It's one of those things that seems so cliche', and you wonder if it actually happens in the normal course of parenting. Apparently, it does.

No comments: